WHO AM I
Area of Expertise!
NCC Group provide a range of managed and hosted services delivered from our UK based Security Operations Centre SOC which operates 24/7, 365 days a year. Our team of over 30 accredited security experts are available 24/7, dealing daily with over 200 million log events and providing support for over 5,000 network devices.
We are specialists in SIEM, our services backed by our EDGE methodology built up through dozens of major deployments and hundreds of use cases with many of the UK’s largest companies. We are the UK’s largest DDI service provider and the leading integrator for Carbon Black, Splunk, Log Rhythm, Defender ATP and Azure Sentinel in the UK.
We provide a single point of contact for all of your managed security needs and can work with you to define and achieve you own individual security requirements. Our team of experts provide proactive monitoring and reporting, monitoring your equipment to ensure maximum availability and responding to calls to support change requests and helping diagnose system issues.
- Monitor global IDS, Network Intruder, Firewall, DDoS detection and mitigation, availability and SIEM platforms looking for potential threats, vulnerabilities and indicators of compromise.
- Provide Incident remediation and prevention documentation and recommendations to customers based on defined procedures and analyst experience.
- Document and conform to processes related to security monitoring procedures.
- Provide customer service that exceeds our customers’ expectations at all times.
- Initiate escalation procedure to counteract potential threats, vulnerabilities and threat actors.
- Compilation and review of service focused reporting.
- Act as an escalation point for more junior members of the team, providing assistance and mentoring where necessary.
- Providing assistance to Senior Cyber Security Analysts on Threat Hunting engagements.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of SOC procedures and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Cyber Helpline is a fast-growth not-for-profit organisation supporting victims of cybercrime and online malicious behaviour.
My role as supervisor is to support and guide my team in the best way possible.
- Following up with team cases that are open, with no response over the SLA time.
- Assigning cases that are overdue an initial response to the appropriate team or person.
- Help implementation of processes and procedures to improve SLAs.
- Reporting back to management on KPIs relating to SLAs.
- Also important to support my team, as the work they do is not only fantastic but can be emotionally and mentally draining.
CompTIA A+ is an online course you’ll learn how to maintain PC’s, mobile devices, operating systems, and printers. The course establishes the best practices in troubleshooting, security and networking across a number of devices.
CompTIA S+ is a global certification that establishes the core knowledge required of any cyber security role and provides a springboard to intermediate level. Incorporates best practices in hands on
troubleshooting ensuring candidates have practical security problem solving skills.
CISMP – Certificate in Information Security Management Principles is an industry recognised qualification that is made up of concepts, approaches and techniques that enables individuals to manage information security.
ISO 27001 – is part of a set of standards developed to handle information security. It is the leading international standard focused on information security, published by the International Organisation for Standards (ISO), in partnership with the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
I have undertaken an intensive 16 weeks cyber security CIISec accredited training workplace readiness programme. Actively solving problems within a simulated workspace, as part of a team.
- Security culture and business understanding.
- Security by design (architecture, GRC, cloud, 3rd party assurance).
- JML and access control (IAM/PAM).
- Offensive and defensive security.
- Incident management and business continuity.
Open Source Intelligence Analyst. Completed in CTF’s (placed in top 90 world wide) with Trace Labs, a non-profit organisation whose mission it is to accelerate the family reunification of missing persons while training members in OSINT. Have also completed an Udemy OSINT fundamentals course with The Cyber Mentor (TCM)
As a trained volunteer with Barefoot I introduced teachers to the Barefoot website and guided them through the fantastic range of lesson plans and resources. Barefoot is part of Skills for Tomorrow, helping to empower teachers to give 5 million kids the skills they need to thrive in the world of computers and tech.
During the interactive session I guided them through some of Barefoot’s unplugged activities. The online workshop also introduced key computer science concepts and approaches, which is designed to boost subject knowledge and confidence. We helped to provide the perfect introduction to computational thinking and support needed to get started with Barefoot
I am currently in the Top 1% on TryHackMe. TryHackMe is an online platform that teaches cyber security through short, gamified real-world labs.
Competed in Trace Labs CTF June 2021
I competed in Trace Labs CTF event on Saturday 26th June 2021, which was a privilege to take part in. This awesome CTF event was a deep dive into #OSINT #investigations to help obtain leads for current missing persons cases. This was my first time taking part in this event and I want to thank my teammates from USA and Germany, we managed to submit a nice amount of leads in 4 missing person cases from the U.S., Canada and the U.K. Looking forward to the next one.
If you are looking to do some good in the world? Keep your eyes peeled for the next Trace Labs OSINT Search Party and come lend a hand. The top scoring teams get awesome prizes but every single volunteer goes into these events with one goal: bringing loved ones home. #osintforgood
Passed CompTIA A+ June 2021
After a lot of months of hard work sweat and tears I passed the CompTIA A+ certification which is made up of two exams. These exams are created by IT industry professionals that validate skills needed for entry-level IT jobs. I not only have the knowledge of PC repair but I am better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve a wider variety of issues, ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
Unlike other certifications, CompTIA A+ covers a broader diversity of knowledge required of technicians today, making the A+ certification more relevant to many more job roles.